The Eight Irresistible Principles of Having Fun
Traffic. Schedules. Work. Family. Friends. Drama. Life. The number one complaint of the day is, “I have no energy.” Yet, we can reclaim the natural energy our body contains. In fact, leading scientists in the study of natural health proclaim the benefits of daily laughter, as it assists in alleviating the impact of stress on the body. Laughing is equated to a low-impact aerobic exercise so it is heart-healthy. Yes, even the most serious-minded can gain value in creating “aha” moments from “lol” experiences.
Aa hat tip to cjwriter who inspired me to continue exploring this subject. Enjoy the flash animation presentation.
- Get focused. Stop hiding who you really are. Take time to figure out your DNA. When it comes right down to it what do you stand for? Then when you know who you are – turn up the volume.
- Get focused. Start being intensely selfish. Get hungry for the things that are really important to you. Think of the people you respect and love, the moments you want to relish, the impact you have and the legacy you want to leave. Bottom line: Don’t waste your time on anything else.
- Be Creative. Stop following the rules. Almost all of the rules are negotiable. Branch out and bear fruit.
- Be Creative. Start scaring yourself. Explore the edges, dip your toe in the bold, the outrageous and the unthinkable. Seek out and have adventures.
- Use your wisdom. Stop taking it all so damn seriously. In this moment is it a life and death decision? In 10 years will you remember what you are fretting about? In 100 years will anyone care? Lighten up this too will pass.
- Use your wisdom. Start getting rid of the crap. Think of all that suffering that’s getting weighing you down and getting in the way. Not just the things but also the habits, memories, attitudes and people. Get rid of the clutter.
- Take action. Stop being busy. Being busy is seductive. Just because you are going flat out doesn’t mean you are on the right track. If it’s the wrong hole you need to stop digging.
- Take action. Start something. Don’t wait any longer for permission to do what you want to do. There are always reasons to procrastinate just a little longer. Enough! Just start!